Fail, Whit. Fail so hard!
Here is a cute picture of Boomer and I from Easter Weekend to make up for it!
Anyway these were the goals I set for myself:
- Read 4 books - I started The Prince Lestat last night and it seems pretty good so far.
- PASS!!! - The Prince Lestat,The Fifth Gospel, Rosemary, The Oregon Trail, The Wise King, The Taming of the Queen, and Outlander...again.
- File taxes. Just do it Whitney. Also, send refund straight to savings.
- PASS - filed, got the refund back, saved most of it!
- Start looking for/buy a dresser. Stop living like a college student.
- Sort of PASS - I know which one I want and I've almost saved the amount I need.
- Keep up with the budgeting. - so far so good, just need to stay consistent.
- FAIL - I have not kept up with my budget as I should. Getting back on track this month.
- No food purchases at work. Yes this is a repeat, but its a HUGE money saver. Also its a lot healthier for me since I tend to choose burgers and fries at work. (Also cake, cookies, pies, you get the idea.)
- Super FAIL - I have got to get a handle on this. I will do so well for a week...and then fall off the wagon hard.
- Save $300 - also a repeat, but I've got weddings to go to, trips to take, and concerts to attend!
- PASS - I'm really quite proud of how on top of it I've been with the savings game.
Alright, so moving on to April goals.
- Sign up Boomer for Summer Camp
- Clean up Budget
- Finally actually buy the dresser
- Read 3 books
- Save $300
- Raise 401k contribution 1% (trying to reach my company match percentage by November!)
- Work out 3x per week.
Yes the Queen of "I don't work out" Land...is finally ready too. I haven't been sleeping well, and I'm just generally unhappy with my current skinnyfat situation. I may still fit in a size 4/6 BUT, I am most definitely out of shape. I had to run maybe 300ft yesterday to not get rained on and I thought I was dying. Can't breath, chest pains dying. That isn't ok.
What are you up to for April?
I had no idea you started blogging again, so it made my day to see your name pop up on my comments feed. Dude, the thing about dying after running 300 ft... I'm so there with you. I would have just gotten soaked. You're doing fantastic with your goals. And giiiiiiirl, yesterday I had Wendy's for the first time in years. I was having a bad day, and before I knew it was pulling into the drive-thru and got a bacon cheeseburger. It was so good... and then I hated myself.
i haven't bought lunch at work since 2011! i you are 100% right -- it's a HUGE money saver.
Post a Comment