I can't believe we are already at the end of the month. Without further ado, let's see how I did.
- 1. No food purchases at work - D+
- 2. Save $300 - A+
- 3. Gather all my tax information to file 2015 taxes, and school forms for Boomer - A+
- 4. Record all transaction in YNAB and do my darnedest to STAY. ON. BUDGET.- C
#2 - Saving money is a lot less painful when you automate it. If you count my retirement savings for the month I surpassed my $300 goal!
#3 - Again...very easy. Everyone mails you everything so all you have to do is make sure your address is up to date AND that you don't lose anything. I've actually already entered it all into Turbo Tax...I just haven't hit the file now button. \
#4 - I've done pretty well with the budget for the month. I've stayed on track entering purchases and paying attention to category balances. The last two weeks have been a little crazy so I've probably missed a few, but I have this weekend to reconcile all my info. I definitely blew the budget in one category. My wheel broke (Thanks Ohio potholes) and I had to pay for a new one. I need to be a lot better about saving for car repairs. They are inevitable, and I know the next expense coming is tires. Yay.
So onto February goals!!!
- Read 4 books - I started The Prince Lestat last night and it seems pretty good so far.
- File taxes. Just do it Whitney. Also, send refund straight to savings.
- Start looking for/buy a dresser. Stop living like a college student.
- Keep up with the budgeting. - so far so good, just need to stay consistent.
- No food purchases at work. Yes this is a repeat, but its a HUGE money saver. Also its a lot healthier for me since I tend to choose burgers and fries at work. (Also cake, cookies, pies, you get the idea.)
- Save $300 - also a repeat, but I've got weddings to go to, trips to take, and concerts to attend!