As I scrolled through my social media the past few weeks, it seems like everybody and their mother got this voxbox. I mean the point of them sending the product to us, is for us to share it, and boy did we! Just to be clear: I was sent these products gratis (fo' free) from Influenster, to review and share my opinions.
So here are my thoughts on the goodies:
1. Boots Botanic Clay Mask
- What it's supposed to do : gently draw out impurities from the face, without over drying
- What I think : I've used the mask a few times since I got it, and I have to say its pretty nice. My skin never felt to tight or drawn after using it. It actually felt very smooth and soft. In the past I've used other masks that just left my poor face feeling tight and abused, so it turned around and churned out even more oil. Not with this bad boy! This is available at Target for about $9 for 3oz, so its not a budget buster either.
- What it's supposed to do : Provide protection from heat, while keeping frizz at bay, and your hair sleek and smooth for 3 days. (Or until your next shampoo)
- What I think : This product arrived just in time for the end of my 6 months no heat challenge. Its easy to use, and seems to work well. It did feel a little sticky, and seemed to make it a little harder to get my flat iron through my hair, which I didn't like. I'm pretty much a pro at keeping my hair straight for up to 5 days, but I am always worried about heat damage so I'm on the fence with this one. It is available at Ulta for $10 for 3 oz.
3. Kiss Looks So Natural Lashed
- What they are supposed to do: Look more natural than your average falsies, with a more tapered end instead of blunt.
- What I think: These lashes are pretty, and just as easy to apply as others I've used. (Read: not easy, this crap takes practice!) They do give you a softer more natural look than other lashes I've worn in the past, and I'll probably be reusing or repurchasing for my friends upcoming wedding. These are available at Walgreens and Walmart for $4 for a set.
- They sent me chocolate. Chocolate is good.
5. Red Rose Tea Simply Indulgent
- What I think : This tea is...interesting. It is very sweet on it's own and requires little to no sweetener. The flavors were also interesting. I received the Lemon Chiffon and Creme Caramel. I'm not sure I'd pick them on my own, as I prefer herbal/less sweet teas, but it was an interesting change of pace. These are available online and in stores for $5 for 20 tea bags.
See! Even Jack wanted in on these goodies!!!
Tomorrow is another 'A Girl and Her Money' post! Catch ya on the flip side.